Get latest updates about SEO
1. First immune response to foreign body includes = Ig M
2. Barr body is seen in - Buccal mucosa smear .
3. C- reactive protein , haptoglobulin , complement protein are acute phase reactant but not Alpha feto protein .
4. Huntington's disease is single autosomal dominant gene .
5. Fragile- X syndrome has - a. Breakage in long arm of X chromosome
b. Common genetic disorder
c. Long face
6. C3 and C4 raised in auto immune disease .
7. NK cells can lysis tumor cells and virus infected cells in vitro , with out previous sensitization , NK cells are found in perepharal blood and lymphoid tissue .NK cells lysis the terget cells by antibody dependent cellular cyto toxicity .
8. The gene that regulates normal morphogenesis during development is - Home box gene .
9. Down syndrome is due to - Trisomy 21 , translocation 13-15/21 , translocation 22/21 .
10. Interferons secreted by -- Macrophages , fibroblast , lymphocytes .
11. The translocation in burkitt's lymphoma is between chromosome - 8 and 14 .
12. Non immune hydrops are - Chromosomal abnormalities , alpha thalassemia , Foetal cardiac abnormalities .
13. CarCarcinoembryonic antigen is seen in - Colorectal carcinoma .
14. DNA analysis can be done from - Lymphocye , fibroblast , amnion cell but not monocyte .
15. A stable heritable alteration of dna is known as mutation .
16. chromosomal breakage syndrome are - Bloom's syndrome , Xeroderma pigmentosa , Fanconi's anemia .disorder
17. Type II hypersensitivity - Antibody directed to tissue antigen .
18. Vitamin - D resistant rickets is inherited as - X- linked dominant
19. In Philadelphia chromosome there is translocation between chromosomes 9 and 22 .
20. Huntington's chorea is - Autosomal dominant .
21. The part of dna which does not code for protein is introns .
22. Christmas disease , hemophilia , Duchenne's muscular dystrophy .are examples of X- linked recessive disorder .
23. Ig M is true concerning first few days of the primary immune response .
24. HLA antigen is recognised by - T - helper cell .
25. Opsonizing toxins are - C3b .
26. HLA -B27 is associated with Psoriatic spondylitis , Reiters syndrome , ankylosing spondylitis .
27. Otospongiosis is autosomal dominant .
28. Bone marrow transplantation as a treatment modality can be advised in - Combined immuno deficiency , CML , Aplastic anemia .
29. Interferon is used in hairy cell leukemia , Chronic myloid leukemia , chronic hepatitis B infection .
30. Interleukin 1 alpha secreted by - Lymphocyte , fibroblast , macrophage .
31. Bene jones proteins are - Light chain Ig G .
32. Disease where gene therapy has been attempted or considered include - Adenosine deaminase defeciency , haemophilia A , cystic fibrosis , hypercholesterolemia .
33. Lyon's hypothysis for determination of Barr body is = x-1
34. True about transmission of an X - linked recessive disease are All sons of affected mother will have disease .
35. Single gene disorder is retenoblastoma .
36. The commonest cause of primary immuno deficiency is - Ig A deficiency .
37. Autosomal dominant disorder is - Hereditary spherocytosis .
38. Mast cell - They contain heparin proteoglycan , their number increased in patients with bronchial asthma , They have receptor for Fc portion of Ig E .
39. Wilms tumor is charecterised by abnormality in 11p- .
40. Most important HLA for organ transplantation and tissue typing - HLA - D .
41. Tuberous sclerosis , polyposis coli , myotonic dytonia are examples of autosomal dominant disorder .
42. X linked recessive disease is hundred percent male affected in if female is diseased .
43. Achondroplasia is autosomal dominant .
44. Hyper cholesterolemia is autosomal recessive .
45. Ig E is charecteristically elevated in fibrosis .
46. Inheritance pattern - Autosomal recessive inheritance is associated with severe disease , X linked recessive disease is more common in male , In autosomal dominant male and female have equal incidence .
47. interferon is used in CML , polymyositis , hairy cell leukemia , Chronic hepatitis C infection .
48. P-53 is a tumor supressor gene .
49. Interferon is a product of host cell .
50. Maturity onset diabetes of the young is autosomal dominant disorder .
51. Mutation of alfa 5 chain of collagen 4, the diagnosis is alport syndrome .
52. Endotoxic shock is due to - Gram negetive enterobacteriae .
53. Delayed prolonged bleeding is caused by - Interleukin - mediated .
54. Increased permeability in acute inflammation is due to - Cell contraction , endothelial injury , cytokinase .
55. most important charecteristic features of acute inflammation is vasodialation and increased vascular permeability .
56. increased permeability in acute inflammation is due to - TGF- beta
57.Small VSD , AS , AR can cause infective endocarditis but not small VSD .
58. In Alzheimar disease neurofibrillary tangles are seen in temporal lobe , visual association areas , entorhinal cortex . but not lateral geniculate body .
59. Myasthenia gravis shows type 2 hypersensitivity .
60. The signs and symptoms of CRF are seen when the renal function deteriorates by - >60 %
61. The CCR5 mutation is related to high resistance to HIV infection .
62. Window period of HIV infection is 3 months .
63. First sign of hepatocellular failure is increased PT .
64. Pathognomic lesion in HIV is oral leukoplakia .
65. Silicosis is associated with an increased suceptibility to tuberculosis .
66. Frey's procedure is done for chronic pancreatitis .
67. Tangiers disease is charecterized by low or absence of HDL .
68. Anti-endomysial antibody is used in the diagnosis of Coeliac sprue .
69. Fixed and wwide splitting of second heart sound is charecteristic of ASD .
70. Nodular bronchiectasis is seen in infection with M. Avium complex .
71. Pituitary tumor , adrenocortical tumor , parathyroid adenoma seen in MEN 1 syndrome .
72. Hyperkalemia , hyperphosphatemia , hyperuricemia is seen in tumor lysis syndrome .
73. Hypocalcemia , hypomagnesemia and cytrate toxicity are seen in massive blood transfusion .
74. carpopedal spasm is caused by hypocalcemia .
75. Ewart's sign is seen in pericarditis with effusion .
76. Prosophenosia is inebility to recognize faces .
77. Mycobacterium merinum causes swiming pool granuloma .
78. Hypokalemia with alkalosis is found in vomiting .
79. Atavism is inheritance of feature of grandfather ..
80. Necrolytic migratory erythema is seen in glucagonoma .
81. Coxsackie virus causes Hand foot mouth disease , Bornholm's syndrome , infantile myocarditis .
82. Sideroblastic anemia , iron deficiency anemia , Thalassemia in thease three cases microcytic anemia is seen .
84. Alzheimers disease charecterictic symptoms are Aphasia , alcalculia , apraxia .
85. Radio femoral delay is charecteristic of Coarctation of aorta .
86. Metabolic acidosis , hyperuricemia , hypertriglyceridemia are seen in Von gierk's disease .
87. Herpegnia , pleurodynia , myocarditis are seen in echo virus .
88. Metastic prostrate carcinoma Rx is GnRH analogs .
89. Appetite controlling hormone secreted by stomach is ghrelin .
90. Osteomalacia , rickets , CRF secondary parathyroidism is seen .
91. Uncomplicated DKA is charecterised by - Level of HCO3 is low .
92. Concentration of K+ in ringer lactate solution is 4 meq/l
93. Niacin should be avoided in patients with peptic ulcer .
94. Aspergilosis is associated with bronchiectasis .
95. Carry coombs murmer is found in rheumatic fever .
96. Antibody specific to Anti- phospholipid antibody syndrome is anti -glycoprotein 2B antibodies .
97. Features in favour of ventricular tachycardia are - a. AV dissociation
b. Capture/ Fusion beats . c. A history of myocardial infarction .
98. Causes of hypercarbic respiratory failure - a. Myasthenia gravis , b. Ascending polyradiculopathy , chronic obstructive pulmonary disease .
99. Type - 1 cryoglobulinemia is associated with - Hyperviscocity , Monoclonal Ig M paraprotein , Normal complement .
100. In Warnicke- Koraskoff syndrome areas of brain involved are - Mamilary bodies , thalamous , periventricular gray matter .
101. Hepatitis B virus is not found in stool .
102. Plasmacytoid lymphoma is associated with Ig M .
103. Ameobic meningoencephalitis is caused by Naegleria fowleri .
104. Dyspnoea at rest 4th grade .
105. "J" wave in ecg is seen in - Hypothermia .
106. Haemophilia is due to deficiency of factor VIII .
107. Erythropoietin raised in all - Cerebellar hemangioblastoma , Renal cell tumor , hepatoma .
108. Thyroid binding protein is increased by - Estrogens .
109. Polyuria , pseudomotor cerebri , hyperostosis are seen in hypervitaminosis .
110. PISA syndrome is seen with antipsycotics .
111. Traveller's diarrhoea - ETEC
112. Marker for cell proliferation - K67
113. A patient has gait difficulty , urinary incontenence , ataxia , diagnosis is - Normal pressure hydrocephalus .
114. Gout is a disorder of purine metabolism .
115. Weil felix test is done to diagnose infection caused by - Ricketsia
116. Lymphangioleomyomatosis can produce haemoptysis .
117. Wadding gate is seen in muscular dystrophy .
118. The poor prognostic factor associated with ALL in children is - Testicular involvement .
119. Meningococcal infection - Haemorrhagic rashes are seen .
120. In motor neuron disease site of lesion is - Anterior horn cell .
121. Subcortical dementia occurs in Supra neuclear palsy , Parkinsons , HIV associated dementia .
122. In leprosy - Anterior chamber of the eye , testis , larynx are involved .
123. Glycosylated haemoglobin reflects the mean blood glucose level of previous 3 months .
124. Kerley B lines , redistribution to apex , cardiomegaly are seen in Left heart failure .
125. Follicular type is common in endemic nodular goiter .
126. Maximum site of hypertensive bleed - Putamen/ external capsule
127. Epstein- Barr virus has been associated with the following disorders - Burkitt's lymphoma , Nasopharyngeal carcinoma , Oral hairy leukoplakia .
128. The following factors shift the oxygen dissociation curve to the right - Hypoxia , fever , 2,3- DPG but alkalosis shift the oxygen dissociation curve to the left .
129. In SARS - it may present as a systemic disease , 20% of casses present with diarrhoea , incubation period is 3-7 days .
130. In DIC - Prolonged PT and PTT are seen , Thrombocytopenia , Platelet function defect are seen .
131. Colonic adenocarcinoma is the most common GI malignancy .
132. Cowden syndrome and Bannyan - RuvalcabaRiley syndrome are autosomal dominant hamartomatous polyp syndromes .
133. Cowden syndrome is characterised by - a. Gastrointestinal polyps b. Macrocephaly , c. Benign skin tumors - Patients are increased risk of breast , thyroid and endometrial cancers .
134. Bannyan- Ruvalcaba - Riley syndrome - Patients have similar manifestations like Cowden syndrome but they also have : Mental reterdation and developmental delays . Their risk of malignancy is less .
135. Neurofibromatosis I is most commonly associated with optic path way glioma .
136. Recurrent multiple pulmonary cavities with hematuria is seen in - Wegner's granulomatosis .
137. Von Hippel Lindau disease is associated with - a. Endolymphatic sack tumors .
b. Sub ependymal pilocytic astrocytoma .
c. Glioblastoma multiforme .
138. Cryoprecipitate contains - a. Factor VIII , b. Factor IX , c. VWF
139. SIADH - Decresed sodium, maintaining the concentrating ability of the urine osmolality (>100 mOsm) , Normal sodium balance maintained indicating excess urinary sodium is due to efficient sodium intake , Hypouricemia .
140. Fractional excretion of sodium <1 is seen in pre renal azotemia .
141. Senile cardiac amyloidosis is due to diposition of amyloid which is similar to Transthyretin .
142. Causes of hypertension with hypokalemia - a. Bilateral renal artery stenosis . b. Primary hyper aldosteronism , c. Cushings disease .
143. Test done for the history ofnsyncopal attack - a. Electro physical test , Table tilt test , Holter monitoring .
144. Sarcoglycan dystrophy , Dyspherin dystrophy , Calpain dystrophy are examples of limb girdle dystrophy .
145. In hypothermia - Cardiac arrythmia , Reversible coagulation, Renal failure are seen .
146. True about myoloma - Plasma cell clonal proliferation , Common after 50 years of age , Amyloidosis can occur .
147. In Trophic ulcers of thenfinger are seen
A. Cervical disc prolapse
149. Plasmaphersis is treatment of choice for a. Henoch scholien purpura
B. Wegner's granulomatosis , C. Acute renal transplant rejection .
150. Lambert Eaton syndrome is associated with Oat cell syndrome .
151. Most common GI function in HIV infection is - Cryptosporidiosis .
152. Sodium cromoglycate is the treatment of type 1 hypersensitivity .
153. Acquired intrinsic defect in Hemolytic anemia is seen in Paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria .
154. Most common site of intra peritonial abcess is - Right inferior intrapetitoneal abcess .
155. Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic perpura , Kawasaki disease , Systemic lupus erythematosus are indication of intra venous gamma globulin .
156. Hyperkalemia is seen in Acute renal failure , Addison's disease , Excess hemolysis .
157. Tuberculoid leprosy has following features A positive lepromin test , B. Patchy anasthesia , C. Thickend peripheral nerves .
158. Rib notching is seen in - Coarctation of aorta , Classical Blacklock Tausing operation , Neurofibromatosis .
159. Most common site of Rabdomyosarcoma in children is head and neck region .
160. Hypoglycemia is seen in hypopituitarism .
161. Carcinoid syndrome - Is a systemic disorder marked by flushing , diarrhea , dermatitis and bronchoconstriction that is caused by serotonin released by carcinoid tumors .Commonly right sided heart is effected and left sided heart lesions are uncommon since serotonin is metabolized in lung (left sided heart is supplied by pulmonary circulations ) Most common cardiac manifestation is tricuspid regurgitation . extra sized with lace covered items to wear for wedding
162. Chronic hemolytic anemia is associated with chronic hyper bilirunemia and a propensity for gall stones .
163. Earliest evidence of hematopoiesis is seen on day 19 days (3 weeks ) in embryonic life and first cell formed is erythrocites .
164. Fanconi anemia - BRCA 2 is mutated in a subset of persons with Fanconi anemia .
165 . Mismatch repair - Hereditary nonpolyposis colon cancer syndromes
Lynch syndrome ) is an example .
166. HLA -1 is present on all nucleated cells .
167 . True about constrictive pericarditis - a. severe orthopnea , b. Kussmauls sign , c. Pulsus paradoxus .
168. Chicken pox - a. Pleomorphism , b. Unilocular c. Centripetal .
169. CNS anomaly seen in HIV - a. Perivascular infiltration ,b. microglial nodules , c. Vascular myolopathy of the posterior column .
170. Most common cause of retinal changes in AIDS is - CMV
171. The mother suffering from HIV the earliest time where infection is seen in the fetus is - 8 weeks .
172. Buccal smear from a patient shows double barr bodies . The chromosome is XXX .
173. C - reactive protein is raised in Rheumatoid arthritis , pneumonia , tuberculosis .
174. All are seen in fat embolism - a. Thrombocytopenic perpura , b. Dyspnea , c. Clouding of consciousness .
175. In tumor lysis syndrome - Decreased calcium , hyperuricemia , rise of tempareture is seen .
176. The disease which is associated with increased age of father is - Marphans syndrome .
177. Gordon's biological test is done for Hodgkins disease .
178. Dysdiadochokinesia is a sign of - Cerebeller ataxia .
179. Early onset of Alzheimer's disease - a. associated with chromosomal anomalies , b. Profound reterdation seen , c. Necrosis of brain neurons seen .
180. Babbinski sign is positive but deep tendon jerks are absent in - Fredrich's ataxia .
181. History indicates transient ischemic attack - Embolic episodes , Thrombotic episodes , Completed stroke .
182. Arterial thrombosis is the most common cause of cerebral stroke .
183. In hemolytic anemia Diploic space widense to skull bones .
185. In hemolytic anemia - a. Hemosiderinuria , b. Increased unconjugated billirubin , c. Increased serum LDH are seen .
186. Nephrocalcinosis is seen in - Medullary sponge Kidneys , b. Vitamin D toxicity , c. Hyperparathyroidism .
187. The number of renal calyces is seen in normal VP - 7
188. The Ph of blood is decreased in - Uraemia .
189. Complication of nephrotic syndrome - Delayed atherosclerosis , Renal failure , infection .
190. Examples of tubulointerstial disorders of the kidney - a. Hypercalcemic nephropathy , Gouty nephropathy , Hypokalemic nephropathy .
191. Renal tubular acidosis - a. High urinary Ph ,b. Hyperchloremia , c. Bicarbonaturia .
192. Renal potassium wasting associated with hypertension is seen in - Conn's syndrome , Cushing's syndrome , Liddle's syndrome .
193. Most diagnostic in renal pathology - Corse granular casts .
194. Uremic manifestations like - Metabolic acidosis , Asterixis , Nausea , vomiting and anorexia improve with dialysis .
195. Hemodialysis is useful in all except - Barbiturate poisoning , Methanol poisioning , Salicylate toxicity .
196. The neurological disorder seen in CRF patients on dialysis - Dementia .
197. The normal anion gap - 8-16 mmol/L
198. All are features of renal cell carcinoma - a. Anemia
b. Renal vein involvement
199. Radiation nephritis is charecterized by - a. Rapidly devoloping azotemia , b. Massive proteinuria , c. Anemia .
200. ANCA is sensitive and specific for - Idiopathic cresentric GN